重庆思庄Oracle、Redhat认证学习论坛

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3543|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[参考文档] How to Create an OCM Response file to Apply a Patch in Silent Mode - opatch s...

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-11-5 17:30:37 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
In this Document
Goal
Solution
Refer  the options below to create a ocm response file
3)  Use the OCM response file for all "opatch -silent"   operations  
Assume applying patch 12345
References

Applies to:   Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.4 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Universal Installer - Version 10.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.4 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.

Goal

This Article helps in creating the OCM response file to run opatch in silent mode
Scenario:
While installing patch in silent mode, opatch tool prompts User for OCM configuration, this makes Opatch to break the silent install process and park patch apply for User response. (And this violates silent install feature).
However, this can be solved via creating an OCM response file and pass all the parameters via this file while silent install. Opatch reads this file while installing in silent does not prompt for OCM credentials.

What is OCM (Oracle Configuration Manager?)
The Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) is a tool which proactively monitor the customers Oracle environment and provide this information to My Oracle Support (MOS). The Data collected from the customer environment is uploaded to Oracle Customer Configuration Repository and replicates this to My Oracle Support so that customer/support can view it. Additionally MOS analyzes the Data collected and  informs respective customer about alerts and advise health checks. For more information refer Note:369619.1

SolutionPre-requirements to use  opatch silent
1) Download and install  latest opatch tool (ignore this if already one)
2) Create response file for  OCM  
3) Use the OCM response file for all opatch silent application
However, If plan to use the ocm.rsp file with other OH - like, GRID, CRS, ORACLE_HOME, then please make sure this file is placed in accessible path and have 775 file permission (i.e $chmod  775 ocm.rsp)
========= refer below for detailed steps =============
1)  Download and install latest opatch tool (recommended)
Patch # 6880880
Select a Release: 10.2  -OR-  11.1 -OR-  11.2 -OR-  12.1

2) Ho to create response file for  OCM
ocm executable resides in  ($ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/ocm/bin/emocmrsp)
syntax :
% export ORACLE_HOME=<my_oracle_home_path>
% $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/ocm/bin/emocmrsp  -no_banner -output <specify_the_location>/file.rsp

* creates the response in location specified by the parameter "-output"
* running without "-output <specify_the_location>/file.rsp"  creates the file in current directory with default name
Refer  the options below to create a ocm response fileOption 1 :  Create the response file while keeping OCM turned OFF (Yes, OCM can be turned off. use this  options if you are not sure about OCM )
% export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/11.2/db1
% $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/ocm/bin/emocmrsp -no_banner -output /u02/unconfig.rsp
Provide your email address to be informed of security issues, install and
initiate Oracle Configuration Manager. Easier for you if you use your My
Oracle Support Email address/User Name.
Visit http://www.oracle.com/support/policies.html for details.
Email address/User Name:
<<<< Press Enter/Return key and don't provide any input >>>>
You have not provided an email address for notification of security issues.
Do you wish to remain uninformed of security issues ([Y]es, [N]o) [N]: Y <<< type Y/Yes >>>
The OCM configuration response file (/u02/unconfig.rsp) was successfully created. <<

Option 2  : Create the response file while keep OCM turn ON / Active (Yes, OCM can be turned ON. use this  "options 1" if you are not sure about OCM )
% export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/11.2/db1
% $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/ocm/bin/emocmrsp -no_banner -output /u02/config.rsp
Provide your email address to be informed of security issues, install and
initiate Oracle Configuration Manager. Easier for you if you use your My
Oracle Support Email address/User Name.
Visit http://www.oracle.com/support/policies.html for details.
Email address/User Name: <Provide Oracle Metalink Email address Example: user@oracle.com >
Password (optional): <Password will be verified if provided / Press return/Enter Key>
The OCM configuration response file (/u02/config.rsp) was successfully created.  <<<

Note1 : we can preserve the file “/u02/config.rsp” ( rename if needed)  and could be used  with other similar ORACLE_HOME/setup/machine
Note3: Also applicable to Grid home patching (opatch -auto -ocmrf   instead "-silent" )

However, If plan to use the ocm.rsp file with other OH - like, GRID, CRS, ORACLE_HOME, then please make sure this file is placed in accessible path and have 775 file permission (i.e $chmod  775 ocm.rsp)

3)  Use the OCM response file for all "opatch -silent"   operations  Assume applying patch 12345% cd 12345
% opatch apply -silent -ocmrf <path_to_response_file>
Example: % opatch apply -silent -ocmrf /u02/config.rsp

Additional Examples (Showing command usage for  CPU/SPU/PSU/ "opatch auto" )
1) User below for CPU/SPU apply
% opatch napply -silent -ocmrf /u02/config.rsp
2)Use below for  PSU apply
% opatch apply -silent -ocmrf /u02/unconfig.rsp
3)GRID patching command differes sightly as below
% opatch auto -ocmrf /u02/config.rsp
Note1 : "/u02/config.rsp" is a response file created in Part A
Note2 : File “/u02/config.rsp” (could be renamed )  can be used with other opatch -silent when used with other ORACLE_HOME/setup/machine, however, mention this file while invoking opatch -silent
Note3: Also applicable to Grid home patching (opatch -auto -ocmrf   instead "-silent" )

ReferencesNOTE:1351428.2 - Information Center: Patching and Maintaining Oracle Database Server/Client Installations
NOTE:293369.1 - Master Note For OPatch
NOTE:369619.1 - OCM ( Oracle Configuration Manager ) and My Oracle Support : FAQ and Troubleshooting

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 支持支持 反对反对
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|重庆思庄Oracle、Redhat认证学习论坛 ( 渝ICP备12004239号-4 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 13:26 , Processed in 0.089765 second(s), 24 queries .

重庆思庄学习中心论坛-重庆思庄科技有限公司论坛

© 2001-2020

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表